Accounting Specialist II – Cleveland, GA
Do you have a passion for numbers? Are you in an entry-level accounting position and ready to move into a more challenging job? We’re looking for a skilled accounting specialist II to provide support to the Accounting Manager and CFO by managing the timely and accurate performance of the company’s financial activities. The Accounting Specialist II is also responsible for assisting the with financial information preparation for internal and compliance reporting as required.
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience, and ACE offers a competitive benefits package – insurance, generous PTO and holidays, retirement plan, and many more!
ACE, Georgia’s largest small-business focused community development loan fund, catalyzes entrepreneurial growth through financing and education, with a focus on women, people of color, and low to moderate income business owners. Since 2000, ACE has loaned over $70 million to entrepreneurs, assisted more than 900 small businesses and impacted more than 8,200 jobs in Georgia through a combination of capital, coaching and connections.
ACE is headquartered in Cleveland, Ga, has an office in Westside Atlanta and an ACE Women’s Business Center in Norcross, Ga. For more information, visit www.aceloans.org.
For Financial Accounting
- Processes all loan transactions with Bank(s) (payments by ACH, check, credit card & payment returns).
- Manage Accounts Receivables working with Fund Development to ensure timely invoicing and payments from varying sources.
- Manage Accounts Payables to ensure the timely and accurate processing of invoices and company credit card transactions.
- Contract and Vendor management. Maintaining current contracts and MOUs with various vendors to ensure that contracts are current, and payments are processed timely and accurately.
- Log activities and time for contractor and vendor engagements.
- Reconcile bank statements monthly.
- Support accounting department on regular financial reporting as needed. These could be monthly, quarterly, or annually based on the specific use.
- Responsible for maintaining cost allocation processes within the accounting system.
- Responsible for a working knowledge of the operating grants and approval processes utilized by the organization.
- Work with loan operations to ensure loan funding requests are facilitated timely.
- Support human resources with payroll, taxes, and benefit accounting functions, as required.
- Post and manage the accounting system journal entries, as required.
- Work with accounting department to verify accuracy of account reconcilements.
- Help maintain files both electronically and hard copy (as required) pertaining to the company’s financial activities.
- Manage in-kind accounting activities to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Assure discreet handling of all business.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
For Loan Servicing
- Manage the accounting functions of off-balance sheet servicing relationships.
- Maintain document files for off-balance sheet servicing relationships.
- Answers phone calls.
- Directs loan inquiries to loan operations.
- Log all phone, electronic, and in person inquiries and update contact database.
- Assists management with various reports as needed.
- Assist in arranging amenities and travel needs, as required
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Work experience as an Accounting Specialist, Financial Analyst, or similar position needed
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and processes
- Familiarity with finance regulations
- Experienced with MS Excel and QuickBooks
- Non-profit or financial institution experience preferred
- Works collaboratively with others well
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
Are you ready to Join Our Team?
If you would like to be part of a productive, successful team, email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use job title “Accounting Specialist II – Cleveland” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.